This page lists opportunities for jobs in both the public and private sector. To post all vacancies please contact the BAA Office by email.
We're recruiting Audiologists!
Sidra Medical and Research Center
Sidra Medical and Research Center is an ultra-modern facility which will set new standards in patient care for women and children in Qatar, the Gulf region, and internationally.
The vision of Sidra is to become a beacon of learning, discovery and exceptional care, ranked among the top academic medical centers in the world. Sidra’s mission is to provide patients with world class healthcare services in an innovative and ultra-modern facility specially designed to promote healing. Sidra is very committed to the development of its staff through continuing education and training.
Sidra is therefore looking for the following exceptionally skilled professionals to join its Audiology department:
- Supervisor – Audiology
The Audiologist will provide highly specialized autonomous patient care and will be involved in the prevention, identification, assessment, and rehabilitation of auditory function, balance, and related systems incorporating the principles of family centered care. The overall goal of the audiology service is to optimize and enhance the ability of an individual to hear, as well as to communicate in his/her everyday or natural environment.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited program in Audiology (Master’s Degree in Audiology highly advantageous)
- 3 years of relevant clinical work experience in an acute pediatric academic medical center
- Licensure or Registration from country of origin if applicable and eligibility for licensure in Qatar after onboarding.
Supervisor – Audiology:
The Supervisor – Audiology will be responsible for leading and demonstrating the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care. The incumbent will be a key member of the inter-professional team and that will ensure that standards for Audiologist care are adhered to at service level. The incumbent will work collaboratively with the Manager - Audiology to ensure that commissioning, recruitment, onboarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with Sidra’s plans and timelines.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field
- 5+ years of relevant clinical experience inclusive of 2 years progressive management experience
- Current registration and license from Country of Origin
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in relevant field or equivalent
To apply please register your interest with us at the following email address: email@example.com
Please also feel free to visit us on http://www.sidra.org/
For informal discussions please contact Nel Govender at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ear Wax Removal Clinic is looking for audiologists to join our expanding team. The Ear Wax Removal Clinic provides private microsuction ear wax removal to adults and children in locations across the South East of England.
Aspires to giving a good patient experience
Wishes to expand knowledge and develop
Friendly, warm and confident
Work within a small friendly team
Private Clinic also providing GP Services
Small and friendly team
We care about those working for us
Think outside the box philosophy
Flexible working to suit and family friendly
Salary: £25 - £30 per hour (dependant on experience)
Hours: 5 - 37 per week (dependant on your availability)
Please send your cv to email@example.com
Posted 11th September 2017
UHCW NHS Trust
Advanced Paediatric Audiologist based in Coventry
£31,696 - £41,787 per annum
37.5 hours per week
The Advanced Paediatric Audiologist will take a main role in the diagnosis and habilitation for children aged 0-18. Our paediatric service is UKAS accredited and led by the Principal Paediatric Audiologist responsible to the Consultant Clinical Scientist.
The Centre for Hearing and Balance Disorders is a combined Paediatric and Adult Service. Paediatric Services include NHSP, diagnostic services and hearing aid clinics. We have excellent links with education and community services alongside an excellent Children’s Hearing Services Working Group.
We currently work 37.5 hours over a 4.5 day week or 9 days in 10. We also provide a monthly dedicated training session for all staff which includes case studies and external speakers. This provides excellent opportunities to ensure your CPD is maintained.
To apply, please click here: http://jobs.uhcw.nhs.uk/job/v787815
Closing date: 15 October 2017 23:59.
Provisional Interview Date: 2nd November 2017
Posted 31st August 2017
We offer great jobs, great pay, great benefits and a great place to work! We are currently looking for a Full time (45 hours per week) Audiologist for our Hearing Centre in our Farnborough Warehouse (GU14 6FE). In return, we can offer a competitive salary, personal and career growth, a friendly and supportive work environment and great benefits including life insurance, optical and dental benefit, pension plan and Employee Assistance Programme.
We are a multi-billion dollar global membership warehouse club, with warehouses in twelve countries. We are the recognised leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
The Audiologist would provide Diagnostic Audiology and rehabilitation services to Consultant ENT surgeons, GP’s, Hospitals, Law Firms and the general public. Upholds effective means of communication at all times. Manages information, including daily company reports and information technologies. Complies in line with company policies, procedures and current legislation at all times. Liaises with other healthcare professionals where necessary to ensure that all members are provided with best practices.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Communicates with patients investigating any related medical, physical and emotional symptoms.
- Decides on the best way to test a patient’s hearing.
- Adapts tests to suit the age and ability of the patient.
- Checks hearing, including sound level and frequency range.
- Diagnoses and designs a rehabilitation plan involving an assessment for patients who are suitable for cochlear implants or bone anchored hearing aids.
- Produces an impression of the ear from an ear mould.
- Fits hearing aids and makes modifications to ear moulds.
- Reviews progress and makes changes to the fitting.
- Teaches patients how to use the prescribed hearing aid.
- Repairs faulty hearing aids.
- Gives patients information and advice on how to manage their condition.
- Manages patients with dual sensory loss
- Ensures daily maintenance of test equipment of test equipment and arrange calibration as and when required
Education/Training BSc degree in healthcare science - audiology. NHS Scientific Training Programme
Licenses/Certifications Continuing Professional Development activities (CPD). Needs to renew registration with the HCPC every 2 years. Must possess medical Professional Liability Insurance
Knowledge/Skills Technological and Scientific skills. Excellent written communication skills. Counselling skills. Nimbleness in manipulating small devices like hearing aids
All applications to firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01252 896950
Posted 17th August 2017
The Jervis Bay Hearing Centre is located on the NSW South Coast, 2.5 hours from Sydney and Canberra, operating from purpose built premises in Vincentia and Ulladulla. The centre was started 15 years ago by Alison Chiam, the current Practice Principal and Audiologist. The Jervis Bay Hearing Centre is a highly regarded practice that is focused on integrating hearing solutions with human dynamics and wellness.
If you are an experienced Audiologist looking a long term position in a stunning beachside location with a supportive and experienced team then we have a great opportunity for you. Due to the growth and success of our hearing centres we are seeking a motivated person to take a leadership role within our clinical services as Senior Audiologist.
Would you like to:
• Be a part of a team of highly skilled clinicians who value quality and service in a supportive environment with great staff, systems and processes?
• Deliver services which include Paediatrics, Cochlear and BAHA Implants, Tinnitus and Hypercusis Retraining Therapies and Hearing Rehabilitation Programs?
• Maintain high quality services and standards, with no sales targets or commissions, in a highly desirable beachside location?
• Work in a fully integrated clinic, purpose built facilities with support for continuing education?
This position offers both lifestyle and professional challenge.
We are seeking an experienced audiologist with a strong clinical background who is a great communicator and problem solver. As an experienced rehabilitation Audiologist you will also be a member of Audiology Australia with a current Clinical Certificate. Our ideal candidate will have a commitment to becoming a crucial member of the team with a long term vision to support the future growth of the hearing centres.
Register your interest in confidence by submitting your application to email@example.com Looking forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you in Australia!
Jervis Bay Hearing Centre
Phone: 02 4441 8886
6 St George Avenue,
Vincentia NSW 2540 Australia